First Federal Community Bank of Bucyrus was chartered in 1888 as Bucyrus Loan & Building Company. Business was initially conducted from the law offices of D.W. Locke, located in the current FirstMerit Bank building on the square in downtown Bucyrus. Bucyrus Loan & Building Co. soon moved to the rear of the First National Bank building, located in the 100 block of West Rensselaer Street. That office was only open one hour per week, with weekly board meetings held shortly after closing.
In 1937, the name Bucyrus Loan & Building Co. was changed to First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Bucyrus. The office then moved to 121 South Sandusky Avenue. This location was part of the building where we currently reside. The managing officer at this time was S.E. Auck.
In 1953, our current location at 119 South Sandusky Avenue was completely remodeled. The managing officer at this time was D.K. Auck. In 1977, with John Kennedy serving as the managing officer, we established our first branch office in Bucyrus at the point of South Sandusky Avenue and Marion Road. Our second branch office was established outside of Bucyrus in the community of New Washington, Ohio in 1980. In 2003, we opened our third branch office, located at the point of Stetzer Road and East Mansfield Street in Bucyrus.
In 1995, we formed a holding company called Community Investors Bancorp, Inc. (CIBN) which serves as the parent company of First Federal Savings & Loan Association. In January 2001, we changed our name to First Federal Community Bank of Bucyrus to better reflect the full array of services we now offer to our customers.
FFCB Marysville opened office in 2007. They offer all the great financial products and services that our Bucyrus branch offers, now to Marysville residents.
Our thrift charter still reflects our status as a savings and loan. Our current assets are in excess of $120 million.
119 S. Sandusky Ave.
Bucyrus, Ohio 44820